It’s important to get your financing in order prior to looking at homes. You’ll have a better handle on the costs and expenses associated with buying a home, both upfront and over the life of your loan. In this market, we cannot submit an offer on a home until you have been pre-approved by a lender.
Here is the list of documents a lender will need to begin your pre-approval:
- Most recent 2 years W-2s for each applicant.
- Most recent 2 consecutive official pay stubs with year to date income, name of company, and your name on them for each applicant.
- Most recent monthly statements for ALL checking, savings, retirement accounts. Please include all pages to each statement. Please make sure your name and account number is on them, as well as the bank logo. If using an investment account for funds for down payment, please include that statement as well.
- Most recent 2 years of tax returns with ALL schedules. You should have pages 1 and 2 of 1040s, Schedule A and/or Schedule C or E.
- A copy of your recent mortgage statement for any property you currently own (if appl).
- A copy of applicant(s) driver’s license(s).